Friday, October 22, 2010

Bad Luck w/Gluten Yesterday

So, rarely do I eat out twice in one day, but yesterday was an exception. For lunch my co-worker and I went to Mama Fu's, who has a fantastic and large gluten-free menu. Unfortunately, about a half hour after dining I spent quite awhile in the restroom at work (2 hours or so). Something got into my dish and it was not pleasant - I sent them an email to let them know to be more careful but haven't heard back yet...

Second instance: I finished and submitted my MBA application last night so I decided to go get my favorite pasta from The Grove, only to get home and see that there are 2 slices of bread right on top of my gluten-free dish, duh!! I emailed them as well and got a great response from their staff:

Hi Jaime,
Please accept our apology for the bread on your Gluten Free pasta.  It's frustrating to hear we would make such a simple mistake.  We'll make your email an item in our staff meeting today so that we can do a refresher on GF policy.  It may have been just a thoughtless mistake, but we'll take advantage of the opportunity to make sure everyone is aware of the seriousness it requires. 
If you are willing to provide an address I would like to offer a gift certificate to help cover the cost of another pasta dish the next time you come in.  We really do care about our GF guests and we would like to try and make things right when given the opportunity. 
Sincerely,
Matt Berendt
Managing Partner
The Grove Wine Bar / Lola Savannah Coffee Lounge
512-327-8822
P.S. Have you tried our new GF Penne Pasta(the noodle, not the dish)?  I think it's the best one we've found yet.  Nearly indistinguishable from regular pasta.  Took us a long time to find, but we're very happy with it:-).

I hope to continue alerting companies to any mistakes and hope that I can help others avoid the same!



No comments:

Post a Comment