Wednesday, October 13, 2010

ACL Weekend

So, the great staff with ACL returned by email within an hour to let me know that with a doctor's note I would have permission to bring my own food into the festival (NOT allowed otherwise). Therefore, I packed up a small cooler and hauled it in my backpack. The first two days I didn't get more than a second look when presenting my note, but the third day I got a novice bag checker who was a little more difficult...luckily security was on my side!

Friday - took with me some chicken salad from Snap Kitchen, carrots and hummus and almonds - this was a good amount of food (although I probably should've filled my stomach with more of it)

Saturday - I was not smart - I assumed I'd be okay with just craisins and some nuts and granola bars, I was not and starving by the end of the night, I left a little early to order the gluten-free pizza from Austin's pizza to eat

Sunday - took a mental note from Saturday and decided to bring some wrap fixings, came in with grapes, cheese, honey ham and corn tortillas - this was a fantastic idea

I will now be prepared for any future festivals, concerts and the like...so thanks ACL for a cooperative team and a great weekend filled with music!!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jamie! Next year consult my ACL GF list on my blog. This year was the biggest selection yet, all confirmed with chefs and owners. We went over CC also. http://atxglutenfree.wordpress.com

    Also glad to see there is another GF blog in the Austin area. I think we are up to 6 total or so now. Love it! Keep helping spread awareness! And if you have any questions you can always email me.

    Jess

    ReplyDelete