Friday, September 2, 2011

Gluten & Allergen Free Expo - Coming to Dallas October 1-2, 2011

As I was doing research on potential career paths that match my MBA and my gluten-free lifestyle I decided that I needed to further explore the business side of the special diet industry. So instead of attending a national career fair with large, fortune 500 companies, I've received permission to attend the Gluten & Allergen Free Expo in Dallas to refine my internship search, learn more about the growth within the market and simply network with others who really understand what I go through.

I couldn't have been more excited to come across the Expo during my search: http://gfafexpo.com/. There will be so much going on I don't know if I will be able to fit it all in, but my main goal is to really extend my hand to those at the vendor fair.

Some of the offerings...

  • Gluten-free cooking classes
  • Speakers
  • Vendor Fair
  • Prepared lunch (both Sat. and Sun.)
  • and much more!
The price of entry for each day is $20 - and if you want to experience an awesome meal, totally gluten-free AND cooked for you, there is an optional $20/day lunch. 

I love that this is so close to home, although I will be sure to follow it yearly now that I'm tuned in. My thoughts are running wild with ideas on what to ask these companies, including "do you need an intern next summer :)". I encourage all of you to consider going one of the two days and checking on what they have to offer. If nothing else I'm sure you will learn even more about the lifestyle.

Hope to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment