Monday, September 27, 2010

Review: Wildwood Art Cafe

So, basically I think the huge draw to this place is that you know it's safe and they do a LOT of marketing to gluten-free customers. I feel like a lack of marketing is the problem for most Celiac's because restaurants who do cater are hard to find online (where most of us gather information). Anyway, I wanted to try it out because I'd been hearing rave reviews.

I'll give them credit, they definitely have the sweets if you don't want to make them yourself and they do make full cakes for birthdays and parties...but the regular menu for lunch is nothing to get excited about. I personally just wanted to order a sandwich that someone else made (I miss Subway and Schlotzskys), but was less than impressed.

The sides were fairly typical, fruit and chips, but the meal itself was nothing to write home about, and the rest of my group agreed as well. I appreciate the effort to be a completely safe environment but mix it up and use some seasoning!! If you are new to Celiac's or gluten-free eating you will probably try it anyway because you hear about it so often...but I give it a C+ and definitely prefer other locations with g-free menus.

Menu:
http://www.wildwoodartcafe.com/cafe.php

No comments:

Post a Comment