Thursday, September 16, 2010

Off the Menu: Trudy's

So, I'm heading to Trudy's tonight for dinner with some friends and they don't have a gluten-free menu online. I submitted a feedback form to get some more information and they got it back to me within a couple hours...awesome! I received the following VERY HELPFUL information from Mike Jackson, thanks Mike!


Here is a list of menu items that our gluten allergic guests have had success with eating at Trudy’s.  Unfortunately, we can not guarantee that any food item we serve is100% gluten free.  We do our best to avoid any issues with these items but due to the large number of products we carry, there is no 100% guarantee

  • all salsas
  • Queso
  • chips
  • All enchiladas with any filler (see notes below about fajita meat)
  • Homemade corn tortillas
  • any tacos, no FT (flour-tortilla)
  • guacamole
  • queso especial
  • nachos
  • dinner salad
  • migas, no FT
Breakfast
  • Motulenos
  • All breakfast tacos no FT
  • migas enchiladas
  • dave omelet
  • jalapeno & poblano omelet
  • chilaquiles
  • estufato

Other Items that contain small amounts of gluten but have worked out well for gluten sensitive customers in the past:
  • fajita dinners, no FT
  • migas and fajitas
  • ciro's special
  • chicken chipotle
  • mixed grill
  • fajita omelets
***the 6 items above all contain fajita meat.  Trudy’s fajita marinade has a small amount of soy sauce in it.  During the cooking process, the majority of the soy is cooked off and our gluten sensitive customers have had no reported issues eating the above in the past 5 years.  However, these particular items are NOT 100% gluten free due to the fajita marinade so any extreme gluten allergic or sensitive people may want to go with other items that do not come with fajita meat.  



I look forward to having a very full and tasty meal tonight, whoo!



3 comments:

  1. Hey Jamie,

    I've read this before and I think it used to say that the fajitas had soy sauce, did that change?

    Thanks!
    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amber! I changed the color scheme of my blog and it seems as if some of the content was whited-out - I fixed it, please see above. You are right the fajitas are iffy, I don't eat them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited to find this blog! I know this post is very old but I wanted to let people know that the chips are not safe for celiac. They are made in the same fryer as sopapillas. Thanks for the reviews on food places, they are very helpful!

    ReplyDelete