Monday, March 14, 2011

Off the Menu: The Oasis

I am a boat owner and every winter I wait, and wait, and wait for it to get warm outside so the season will begin! However, it is a LONG day out on the boat so we normally stop for a bite to eat...enter gluten-free diet. So, for the next few posts I hope to provide menu listings from the Lake Travis restaurants so that this summer will be the best one yet (and I won't starve out there!).

I received the following list from Lauren at the Oasis, not too bad!


Shrimp Diablo w/o rice
Lettuce Wraps
House Salad w/o croutons
Fajitas w/o tortillas
Pollo Ranchero
Charro or Black Beans
Ahi Tuna
Tilapia Del Mar w/o rice
Rellano w/o ricegrilled steak
grilled chicken
grilled shrimp
Burger w/o bun
Dessert- Miles of Chocolate
If you have any further questions please call 512-266-2442. See you soon!
Luckily paired with fun tunes and a lot of room we're already regulars with the Oasis, but this helps!

1 comment:

  1. This is a bit late from the original post but I thought I'd inform others. I just ate at the Oasis for the first time since being diagnosed. After reading through the gluten free menu and noticing the tortilla chips absent, I asked the hostess to check with the chef. She returned to say the chips were not gluten free. OK. I can deal. We ordered the lettuce wraps and chicken fajitas with no tortillas. The lettuce wraps arrived on a bed of tortilla strips. I asked the waiter to check with the chef and indeed, the tortilla strips were not gluten free. In my opinion, this is a HUGE oversight by the company. Additional, I asked and was told that the margaritas and mojitos all have gluten ingredients. No chips, salsa or margaritas? Even the view can't make up for that!

    ReplyDelete