Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Off the Menu: Franklin Barbeque

Franklin Barbecue has become an Austin legend. It currently rivals the Salt Lick BBQ as the best in Austin according to recent "reports". Even the New York Times has discussed its break-out success. My classmates have been asking for months that I accompany them to Franklin's but I was unable to find information online regarding gluten-free options. Within minutes of emailing them I received the following back:


Hi Jaime,

All of our meats and sides are gluten free.
Our espresso barbecue sauce (the darkest on the tables) does contain gluten, so be sure to avoid that, bread and our chopped beef (has espresso sauce in it.)
Thanks,
Stacy

Stacy Franklin
Franklin Barbecue
900 E. 11th St.
Austin, Tx 78702


I am SO excited to give it a try this Friday. I have no doubt that I'll be pleased :) Thank you Stacy for your help and everyone enjoy!
________________________________
Update! Ate at Frankin's today and it was awesome. I got the ribs and sausage as well as potato salad and coleslaw here is a pic of the menu:


Make sure to ask the guys at the counter to change their gloves for you before putting your food together!! They touch buns and bread at the same time as other things so there is cross-contamination if you forget to ask. They knew exactly what to do :)

No comments:

Post a Comment