Thursday, June 23, 2011

The Non-Cooking Method to Cooking...Help!

So, as you can probably tell if you are a reader of my blog, I don't cook. Not in the least...however there are a few "dishes" I guess you could call them that don't really involve cooking but need a little time and an addition of a couple ingredients to be considered a meal. That is what I like...and what I'd like you all to help me with!

Many of my readers aren't Celiac patients or gluten-free but may have some quick and easy ideas that don't involve gluten at all - these can include potatoes, rice, corn, etc. Since I'll be starting grad school in just a few short weeks I'm going to be low on time and money, so eating out for every meal is not an option. I have access to a microwave so bringing meals from home is the best plan and microwave meals just aren't that prominent on the gluten-free scene.

Here are the things I can "cook" at this point (no judgment, it's not much):

- Rice and Chicken (chicken that I will cook - or from a package) - this can include various vegetables chopped up but I tend to stick to peppers and onions since I know they last awhile if I don't use them all
- Gluten-free pasta dishes (by this I mean Tinkyada pasta and some version of sauce with some spices thrown in)
- Turkey burgers (frozen Jennie-O) cooked on the stove top with some cheese on top and maybe some roasted red potatoes on the side

And that's about it. All of the above are like some pre-made ingredients (frozen or the like) and take about 30 minutes to prepare and I'm looking for MORE of that. I understand that some people LOVE to cook but I just don't enjoy it and don't have time to spend 3 hours to make something that is gone in like...5 minutes :(

Any ideas or help would be appreciated - just comment below, thanks readers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment