Monday, June 13, 2011

Betty's Glutenless Gluttony

A friend of mine recommended that I venture up to the Lakeline Farmer's Market to check out a gluten-free bakery. Of course I'm always looking to find new food options so we trekked up there to get some goods! Betty's Glutenless Gluttony shows only a Farmer's Markets at this time but they do attend a few different ones in the area: http://www.glutenlessgluttony.com/Find_Us_New. Their website needs a little work but you can navigate around pretty well.

I learned that the owner was a long-time baker until she found out she had Celiac Disease. At that point she gave up baking thinking that it was all over now...but came back to it and now makes many desserts, including beautiful wedding cakes (she had an album sitting out)! I decided to pick up a cookie and quiche, and she gave me a free muffin on top of it.

The cookie was amazing, I warmed it up in the microwave and it softened just right. It was large and yummy. I had the muffin for breakfast this morning and plan on tasting the quiche for lunch today (although I snuck a bit when I was cutting it up last night). Everything tastes great, like you wouldn't even know it was gluten-free.

I'd definitely check them out, and she did let me know that they will deliver in the area. Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment