Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Flu Season :(

I completely jinxed myself and said that I haven't taken a sick day from work in 2 years...well I still haven't taken a sick day but the flu has definitely gotten to me. I hate to say it, but I still prefer this over the flu shot...although that is not the point of my post today :)

On the right hand side of my blog I have a link to menus - well this includes a "drug menu" for occasions just like this. Although, drugs aren't the only thing you need when you are sick; you also need warm and cold comfort food to take the aches and pains away. I have now come up with a complete 24-hour concoction of medicines, etc. to make me feel better, ALL gluten-free:

DayQuil and NyQuil around the clock - thank goodness
VapoRub
Halls Cough Drops
Hot Lemon Tea
Amy's Rice Mac 'n' Cheese
McDonalds Triple Thick Milkshakes and Wendy's Frostys (I know!!! awesome!!)
Boston Market Mashed Potatoes (I think there are others but haven't found any fast ones yet) - and Whole Foods mashed potatoes ready-to-go
Raspberries (well all fruit)
** Please note  I WAS WRONG Emergen-C is gluten-free, yay!
So, it is possible to be sick and not completely miserable in more ways than one. I'm very much hoping that I feel better ASAP. I think it's time for another dose of DayQuil....

2 comments:

  1. Hey Jaime-

    EmergenC is actually gluten-free. The maltodextrin you see in many of their products is not derived from wheat like some products, but from rice tapioca. I have talked with them numerous times to confirm. From their website also:
    "Do your products contain gluten?

    All Emergen-C products are free of gluten from wheat, oats, rye, and barley."

    Hope you feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome!! Wish I would have dug deeper into that last week, but now I know and will make sure to adjust my post.
    Jaime

    ReplyDelete