Sunday, February 13, 2011

New Brand: evol!

So, I was walking through Whole Foods the other day, I can't remember which one because I'm there constantly, but I noticed a new sign that said "Gluten-Free". As usual I will always check that out, and I found a whole freezer section full of microwavable meals by evol!

Their website can be found here: http://evolfoods.com/

It seems as if their major marketing angle is that they are "green" and environmentally friendly but the front page boasts the new g-free items so that's what I'm giving them credit for. So far, I've tried the chicken and cheese enchilada bowl and it was fantastic...however I would suggest putting the meal in a regular dish when it is done cooking. I attempted to eat it out of the environmentally safe bowl but it ended up falling apart and I'm pretty sure I ate some cardboard in the process. This is not a deal breaker but definitely something to be aware of!

Please note that not all of their products are gluten-free but enough are that it's worth trying them out, especially since they can be microwaved (yay for us non-cooks) AND they come with a free sticker in every package! I'm a huge fan and wanted to share it with others (Celiac or not) because they are definitely worth a purchase.

Enjoy and let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment