Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Domino's Gluten-Free Pizza: Scary!

Anytime I find a restaurant that is adding gluten-free food items I get so excited...more options is always good, right? Unfortunately, after seeing the video below from Domino's I'm nervous for the launch of their "gluten-free" pizza. When I first heard, I thought it was fantastic that such a large chain would be bringing g-free pizza mainstream, but watch this video and you'll notice that:

- It isn't really gluten-free - they tell Celiac patients not to touch it
- There is cross contamination happening all over the place (oven, hands, pans)
- No mention of toppings and what is/is not gluten-free
- Side note: also doesn't look very good (they should've gone with Smart Flour Foods!)

Let me know what you think...



No comments:

Post a Comment